Winter in Montreal Winter in Montreal

Really nice

Sounds as something that could turn into a hit. Get some vocals in there, and this could turn into a hit. I especially liked the intro.
I'm wondering though, did you create this on the computer or did you recorded all instruments (either one at a time or all at the same tiem with a band)?

Couple of points of criticism though, as a drummer myself I always pay a lot of attention to it, so here's some criticism on it:
1. Make the snare drum sharper, it sounds as if they're almost turned off from the snare drum, it would sound way better (in my opinion) with the snares put on right on and straight. I'm talking about the "bonk" sound it keeps making almost the entire song (if that's a different instrument doing it, make it less dominant)
2. More diversity in the beats you put on the drums. They stay the same for pretty much the entire song, except for some symbals thrown in and a double stroke on the snare drum every once in a while. When you get to the bridge, make it rougher, and change it, perhaps open the hi-hat up but less base drum and more snare drum at a point like that.

All and all, a great song though, really great.

Soundshifter responds:

wow thank you so much man. and yes I, as a drummer myself as well(my first instrument), completely understand what your talking about...its just a real bitch programming very realistic drums, you need the good samples and fills and breaks and all that lol. whatever. thanks again dude

-soundshifter

Let it be [Cover] Let it be [Cover]

Great re-write

Very creative, especially how you switched to another style on this one, props to the person who rewrote the song to this

Chungadaddy responds:

That would be our guitar player. Creative guy that's for sure... Men! I do enjoy reviews so thank you so much for taking the time to vote and leave such a nice remark.

it is damp here it is damp here

calming

i like it, yes i do, it's a very calming song, but after some time it got extremely annoying, keep it up, but after some time, let it change

Dark Language Dark Language

nice

only some critics, and no, this isn't a revenge or something, i wanted to know what kind of music you created yourself, well the critics:
1) the tune that keeps on going gets pretty annoying over time, maybe change it in the middle of the song a bit
2) the high tune at the begin was a little bit too high, it kinda hurted

but further i must say that you've done this right, and i do must ask you: did you do this with professional tools or with programs? and what tools/programs were they?

Dre responds:

I use both programs and equipment... I've been into electronic music production and mixing since I was like 9 years old... the programs I use for creating and often playing synths are FruityLoops 4, SuperWave P8 Plugin (VSTi plugin works with all kinds of audio editing programs) and I use Fruityloop's mixer often because my (physical) mixer is a piece of crap. and the tools I use are a basic old mixer (dont know the brand, cant find a label anywhere) with 8 channels. I use my mom's piano often to come up with melodies and then play them on the synthesizer, I have a nice 5 band EQ for L and R each, and I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones :) I'm not using any software at the moment considering I am running Redhat Enterprise 3 Linux and I haven't installed a virtual windows emulator (yet.) I'm saving up money for better equipment... I talked with my probation officer (long story, don't ask) about helping me find a good job and I am possibly going to be working a fair wage job in the JVS program here in San Francisco... so yeah.

*+gundam wing intro+* *+gundam wing intro+*

ROFLMFAO! GREAT!

it has this real cool clear sound in it, it sounds perfect with the music, you do get minus points on originality because the song already exists, but it hasn't depleted totally because you have changed it a lot, keep it going man!

Chronamut responds:

i will keep going - i will survive, i will survive, oh as long as i know how to love...

THÉ ÑÂMË ÇHÀD THÉ ÑÂMË ÇHÀD

just like the other one

please no voices as far as i know this portal isn't for just voices, maybe if there would be some sort of music around it it would be ok, BTW, this one was worse than the other one

KN0X responds:

HEY HEY HEY!

GÅS MÁSK GÅS MÁSK

DUDE!

this is a clock voice saying you have to run around wearing a gas mask, do i care? no, is this shit, yes! sorry, but this portal is for music as far as i know so please don't submit these things

KN0X responds:

If you want good music listen to in the night or sad song

(old)bad Boi Bass Now (old)bad Boi Bass Now

i'm sorry dude

but this was more retarded than rough, i mean, it's a bass, with a voice who goes beatboxing which doesn't sound like shit and than there was drumming, that's pretty much it, sorry, this is serious crap

Industrial mayhem Industrial mayhem

not what i call hip-hop

this is more a version of trance, the ctitics: it's almost the same thing the whole time, sometimes something new adds but that's going away after some time, the little sharp noise pretty hurts your ears when you listen long, try to make it a bit less sharp, further, good song

White-Hellhound responds:

MORON! i placed in at hip hop because it sounds the most like hip hop, this is trip hop. and there aren't any sharp noises if you don't put your volume so high.